9.30.2011

Welcome!

 
Welcome! And thanks for stopping by. This is the beginning of my journey – and my first foray into blogging. So, I thought it only appropriate to start my blog with a little bit of history, a look into what the future may hold, and a big BIG thank you to all of you who are making this journey possible!

I have recently started my own business, designing floral arrangements, and creating event décor: Sweet Woodruff

In my previous life as a management consultant I felt content knowing that what I was doing was interesting, and I was decent at it, but I dreamed of the day when I would love what I was doing. I wanted to wake up and feel excited! So, inspired by lifelong passions, and motivated by a series of small little life moments – things that made me think about how I wanted my life to look - I took the plunge, left my job, gave up my loft, sold all my furniture and started my floral business. It was electrifying! The days following were thrilling… and terrifying! 

Now, merely a month in, most days are exciting and I feel very motivated, while others can be a bit overwhelming and I miss shopping, Starbucks and a social life… haha. But this is my passion and I couldn’t be happier or feel more fortunate to be doing it.

Following your dreams sounds a bit like a fluffy fantasy – but that is quite literally what I am doing and I actually could not do it, or even dream it for that matter without my incredible family or amazing friends. To them ( P&G, T, Sweet, S.G,The McL’s, KTK, E.S, HeyGorg, Kokos Cakes, MRS. and OSBR) I want to say: thank you, thank you, thank you! You cannot know how much your support means to me!

With that in mind, I hope this will be a place where I can share my ideas and inspirations, and you can find things here that are fun to look at and read about.

Lisa xo

1 comment:

  1. Yay Lise! I am so excited for you and your new blogging journey. You are such an inspiration and I am so honoured to call you a colleauge and friend xo

    ReplyDelete